1. How my life has changed since I went to the United States

Two years ago, I decided to sign up for an exchange in the United States because I loved the idea of spending almost a year there. My parents were a little bit afraid about it, but I convinced them, so they let me go to study almost one year there. Of course, I was sure that I wanted to live there, but, when the time came, I was nervous because I’m a very familiar person and I was going to spend almost a year without living them. When the day to fly arrived, I was so excited, and at the airport, I met a very nice girl that became one of my best friends. She also hosted in the same neighbourhood as me, so we went to the same high school. When I arrived in New York (my exchange city), I had my first culture shock when I met my host family. There they never give other people two kisses, they can give you a handshake, or maybe a hug, so it was very strange to me knew that my entire way to see the life would change. I didn’t mind about it because I knew I was there to learn about a lot of new cultures. I had a lot of strange culture shock but if was fine, because I learnt that not every where they do the same thinks as me, so I lived new experiences. I must say that the months there, were the best ones I’ve ever spent in my whole life. I’ve travel around the United States more than I’ve ever travelled when I’m here, in Spain. I’ve met fantastic new people in high school and in the city. But, the most important thing is that I will always have two families, the one I live with and the one that doesn’t. So, after saying all that I can say that my life has changed a lot since I went to New York.

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

29. Music that is special to you

Practice 1. Prewriting process. Narrowing and brainstorming topics.

2. A special skill I have